Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Back to blogging

So I did not blog in 2010. Not that I care. It was a year best forgotten for various personal reasons - enough to slow down the rate of knitting to a virtual crawl.

But I am back and having fun with fibre - knitting, spinning, dyeing and soon weaving too, I hope.

The past weekend was spent with my sister-in-law, sorting through my mother-in law's old knitting stuff - mainly patterns. Sadly she is no longer able to knit.

What a treasure trove! I could not bring all the stuff back on the plane, but I have enough patterns from the 50s, 60s, 70s and beyond to keep me amused for years to come. We had a good laugh too, as the accompanying picture taken from one of the old Stitchcraft magazines will attest to. More to follow in that vein.

1 comment:

Keppy Girl Knits said...

What a hoot! I love the pictures from the old knitting magazines, I was in my teens during the 70s...I would not have wore something like this...and I was skinny then (ah fond memories).
Charlene